In the Bed with Anika Moa


I've seen "In the Bed with Anika Moa" this morning and to my surprise, I was kinda like ... I like her but I don't like her, but I really like her :)


I want to begin by saying that I like some of her songs and I love her beauty when she was young and thin. I amazed how she can transform her looks when she is having a photo shoot. She was so beautiful back then. I believe that she's one of the beauty faces of Maori  people. 

It was such a regret that she was already in the US when she was 18 and wasn't successful with her journey in Music there because she thought she was "alienated". This is such a very shallow reason to consider for everyone feels "alienated" and "does not belong" when in a different place apart from your home. I was thinking maybe she was too young to make right decisions back then, and that's why she took the opportunity for granted. It was such a regretful move that she did. We all know that there are a lot of people who are longing to be in America to be a successful person in the field of music industry or in Hollywood. I don't believe that Anika actually didn't realize how regretful it was but probably she was just hiding it, perhaps a defense mechanism.


I was shocked to hear that she had an abortion when she was 20 and that melted my heart for she didn't like what happened as well. Her manager was the one who decided to do such horrible thing. She was told that it was better for her to have the baby aborted. She was devastated and even wrote a song for the baby that she didn't have in her arms. The song is entitled "In the Morning." This story made me more interested about Anika. I know that she is such a talented person and I believe that she deserves a huge break in the music industry. The industry does not realize how big they are losing for not having Anika in. Although, I have to say, that there is something about Anika's attitude that is not very pleasant to the people in the business and this maybe one of the reasons why she was not given such a big break in the field of Music. 


I think that it is okay to be labeled as "lesbian singer-song writer". I don't think there's nothing wrong with it. It is in fact a good move for Anika to be labeled as that, she could reach into lesbians and gays to like her music. And when these group does love her music in the process, she can push through reaching to other groups of society as well. The fact that she'll have audience no matter the gender is, whether gay, lesbian, straight, is actually not a problem. It's a good move actually. Once lesbians know her, I believe she can do her next step and that is to reach to other groups as well.

I am happy for Anika's relationship with her girlfriend and now her wife. There's no doubt that they love each other so much. But I'm sad that she's laying down in Music. I wish Anika luck in her Music and I wish her more love in her marriage.  

Comments

Popular Posts