Balloon Night Glow

Oh, I forgot to post this one... It's almost a week now when we went to Waikato to see the Balloon Night Glow show.  It was held on the 2nd of April, in Waikato University, NZ. It is the most awaited annual event, and the highlight of the balloons over Waikato festival for spectators, with live music, orchestrated Balloon Glow Show and the spectacular fireworks  display.



It was a long wait though, it started at 4 in the afternoon and ended up at 9 in the evening. We arrived there at 4pm, and glad we did, 'coz if we didn't, we're going to have a hard time looking for a nice spot.

I was lucky, that my kids were not bored at all. They had so much fun roaming around, and picking up nuts that had fallen off the trees.

It was indeed a loooooooooooooooooooooong wait... I was kind'a sleepy already, but my kids.... ugh! They were full of energy... I wonder what they have been eating? I'm pretty sure we all ate the same food, but why am I not that active like them. Sign of old age perhaps... Oh no, no, no! I wasn't that old to be weak... perhaps, I was just.... ahhhmmmm.... SLEEPY!!! Blame it to blogging LOL!!! I got so addicted to blogging, that I haven't had a good night sleep.

4 hours later.... yawn... yawn... stretch... and more yawn...

Is it starting yet??? Oh, finally, balloons were already inflated. Minutes had past... So, what are we waiting for? Get on with it!!! Lighten 'em up!


At last, after waiting impatiently, the huge balloons have been lit and they're all glowing!!! So cooooool! The coolest thing was, it was orchestrated with music.


We had so much fun!!! 1 hour and 30 minutes of drive was worth it.

Have you seen the Night Glow this year??? 

Comments

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to ride one and finally booked a flight 2 years ago only to get a phone call mid way to the site that all flights were cancelled due to the weather. hehe. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed a very fun day. It was sad on your part though that you haven't gone to your bookings. But we ourselves, didn't go for our ride. We just watched a balloon show. I am personally scared of heights, hehe! Thanks for dropping by, Kitten, and hope you'll have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts