Baby Headbands as Christmas Gifts


I went to the shopping mall the other day and saw a lot of newborn baby headbands that are so cute, big, and colorful. And even if I am not a craft person, I thought to myself that I can make infant headbands to give out to my friends as gift on Christmas. I reckon it would be a lovely present that they would truly appreciate. I love homemade gifts because they are always made with love and care. And since Christmas is a season to give love and share your blessing to the ones you love. I would definitely make a lot of these cute headbands for my friend’s babies.

I decided to make them myself by self-learning. Internet is a good source and I know I will find a website that will teach me on how to do headbands. I thought that adding flowers can make the headbands more beautiful and attractive so it is one of the things I will buy in the market today.

To make baby flower headbands, I need the following materials:

2 stems of silk flowers, (red and purple)
Black and White elastic
Needle
Black and white thread
And pretty buttons

I used 1 inch wide black elastic and I measured it out to a little over 13 inches long and then I cut it in half. To prevent fraying, I used lighter on the side that was cut. I did the same thing with the white elastic. Next, I grab the ends of each elastic band and I sewed them together. After that, I cut the silk flowers off their stems and carefully stitched the buttons where I want to place them. I used the colored thread that matches the headband. Then I stitched the flowers just over the areas on the headbands that overlapped a little. I managed to get my needle through it even if it's a little difficult to do. You can also use hot glue if you want. 

And that was it. I made one headband for my good friend’s baby Lexy. I hope she likes it as much as I do. I will make for my other friend's babies as well. Happy sewing!

Comments

Popular Posts