St. Patrick's Day Parade

New Zealand celebrates St. Patrick's Day. One of their events is this very nice parade along Queen St. in CBD. held on March 12, 2011.

My hubby, kids and I wore green on this day to join the celebration.

Come and take a look at this wonderful event...


Everybody's taking their positions.


I think I can see them coming...


While waiting, I took a photo of these pretty kids on their froggy green outfit.


and this boy. I'm guessing his an Irish. Just look at his shirt.


He's too handsome for the flag hehehe!


The Children of Lir


Stilt man...


Girls holding green balloons.


The man with pipe. I love his costume. It;s so Irish!!!


The cheerleaders. I wasn't able to take a photo of them when one of them was thrown in the air. Where was I on times like that? Ugh!


The Dublin Express.


A clown...





 Gorgeous Lady Drummer


 

Caught you at last... He was such a mover. Finally, I got caught him doing this. Yes! It's nice, isn't it?
A juggler!


So, at first I didn't know what these flags are? And what it is for? Hehehe! Too little knowledge about Irish.


Feeling like Queen Elizabeth??? Lol.


I just can't help taking this shot of them. A father and daughter moment.


He was so kind to pose and say hi to the camera lady... It was me by the way hehehe!


I thought like... This looks like a mexican costume, doesn't it?


An Irish Man...


Cute little girls...


What's an Irish without a Leprechaun?


They believe in fairies... And so as my daughter... hehehe!



 Too late for a front or side shot. But it still looks awesome. Women in their orangey orange hair.


She's a pretty girl, I should say...


No one beats this guy like he did... He's a heartbreaker...


These two are very friendly indeed... They let my daughters tap their drums and pose for a woman beside me, so I took advantage and took a picture of them as well.


Ooooh... We have a thing for Irish Dance. We want my first daughter to learn this dance.  It's pretty hard, I know, and that makes it challenging.


The kids are enjoying their ride in their float.



This is the best shot I took today. I love this photo the most.


Unicyclists...


Oh, sorry! That wasn't a whole shot hihihi! You're too tall for my frame hehe!


There!!! Even if you're far away now and I could only see your back, I got a nice shot of you with this bicyclist in the front.


A very friendly clown. He high five my baby.


On his own...


Neigh! A carriage!


I wonder why there's a Korean girl dancing in an Irish Parade... hmmmm... But she's awesome!


It's Molly Malane!


Ahmmm... I didn't figure this out hehehe...


Here he comes...


Very young on their costumes... Another Asian in this group... hmmmm...


The St. Patrick's huge inflatable!


An Irish flag!


A violinist...


The Pope!


The Irish Band!


And that concludes the parade. We had so much fun watching these beautiful people from Ireland on their colorful and bright green and orange outfit. I enjoyed taking pictures of them too. I was so happy with the shots I made :-)

Comments

Popular Posts