Filipino Died in Christchurch Earthquake

There were 9 unidentified bodies from the Christchurch earthquake. Unfortunately, they can not be identified anymore. But it was proven that those 9 people missing as reported were there in the CTV building.

It was reported in One News that a Filipino named Rhea Sumolpong died in the said building. It was said that she was still alive then but her hand got stocked on a huge debris.  But her death wasn't clear. It could be from starvation, dehydration, hemmorhage, or cryonic.

I thought after hearing the news, that she died in a very awful and terrible way. Just imagine her still alive from the debris, and hand got stock from the huge pile of constructive materials, there's no one around, just you, and you could only see broken walls that surrounds you. Imagine her all alone in the cold nights, hoping and praying that someone will save her from this tragedy. I'm sure she cried out loud, continuously screaming for help, and praying to God for her families and loved ones. Just look at her from your imaginations, how she struggled and tried everything that she could possibly do to survive or to be saved.

This story melted my heart. How painful it is to be in her situation? What if, you're the one in her position? What could you possibly had done? What could be the last words that you have said? What were you thinking during those times? I couldn't do what she had done. Thinking about it makes me want to pray wholeheartedly to God so that He would make us safe every day, especially my kids. I pray that we won't be in the same situation that the victims of the Canterbury quake had experienced. I hope that God will give us mercy and help us in times of trouble.

I am so proud of you Rhea for hanging on as much as you could. I know how hard you try. I can imagine you right now... I don't know what has gotten into me, but I can feel you. I know you want me to write this blog so others would see how you tried to survive. And you want to say how much you love your family and friends. You want to say thank you for all the things they have done to you especially to your mom who were always there to guide you and love you no matter what.

I know Rhea, that your family are praying for you! You will be okay in God's hands. Do not regret anything that had happened. You know and we all know, God has a perfect plan for each and everyone of us. You might have died the horrible way, but God knows what it brings to you and to other people. Love is a sacrifice. And sometimes, we have to be gone so that others will appreciate our existence. In that way, they will think about you and people will learn a very important lesson.

Right now, I don't know what I'm saying. I'm just writing everything I have in mind. I know with your help, I'm finishing this blog and hoping that others would see and read it so they would know what you wanted them to say.

Rest in Peace Rhea Sumolpong! May you be in heaven!!!

Comments

Popular Posts